Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Note from Vera Hume-Mann

I recently received the following message from a very old friend, and I wanted to pass it along.

Hey there! It’s Vera here. Gal, I was just wondering if you might appeal to your vast readership on my behalf, being as your blog is about prayer and all. You see, I have a burden I just can't hardly bear, and I have to share it with someone!

Just so you all know, I do love the Lord Jesus. I truly do! But it seems whenever I get set in my mind to do what's right and good, I up and do just the opposite. Pshaw, I know what I’m supposed to do! If I didn't, how would I know I done wrong when I done it? I want with all my heart to choose the right. But before I know it, I just turn around and do the very thing I hate. Gal, what is UP with that?

Now I’ve been a Christ-follower, let’s see… well it’s been a darn long time. I’ve even been on a few missionary trips, for crying out loud! It just seems like I should be past all this fleshly behavior by now. Well, let’s just call it what it is… SIN!

I just feel truly wretched about the whole thing. Can anyone help me? Tell me WHO can set me free from this so-called corpus moribundus?

Well, there you have it. The above appeal is true. Only the name and a few minor details have been changed to predict the inevitable. (See Romans 7:15-24)

No comments: