Monday, February 4, 2008

Between Super Bowl and Super Tuesday

Yes, I've changed the look of my blog. I happened to go to Pastor Jon's blog for the first time, and lo and behold, he had the same template. He's had a blog longer than I have, so I decided it was time to change. I liked that template and I'm sad to see it go, but I like the new one, too.

What about that Super Bowl? We don't get cable, so I had to wrangle an invite from my sister and bro-in-law to watch the Super Bowl. They'd just purchased an HDTV. What a difference, I have to admit! The game was awesome! And folks thought the Giants didn't have a prayer!

Okay, that's my thinly disguised way to justify talking about football on a blog about prayer. I could link prayer to Super Tuesday, as well, but I'm not goin' there! Except to say I think some of our politicians would do well to consider God's "providential will." (See Sandy's blog entry about the Super Bowl... the one from today, not the "butt cake" one.) "The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)

Then I felt so challenged today by Gena's January 30 blog entry, and I urge anyone who hasn't already read it to do so.

By the way, wasn't church just so awesome yesterday? Sports and politics are just parts of our lives, but it occurs to me that what's going on with our church is so much more relevant to my life. And THAT'S exciting!

1 comment:

Gena said...

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the "shout out" to my blog post. It is humbling that you even venture over to read what I've shared. You bless me, also.