Thursday, December 27, 2007

Assassination

It has not been my intention to make this a political blog. At all. But neither am I unaware of what goes on in the world. How can I claim to pray about what's on God's heart if I bury my head in the sand? Well, I think I can't. If He cares about the world, so must I.

As most of you probably know by now, former Pakistani Prime Mister Benazir Bhutto was assassinated today. I've been hearing the spins all day, and I question everything, if you haven't noticed by now. What I think is this: What a challenge for the current Pakistani leader, President Pervez Musharraf. Please pray for him!

My prayer is that God will be glorified in this unforeseen (by us) turn of events. Whatever you may have thought of her politically (if you've thought of her at all), she was beautiful, full of life, full of dreams for her people. And I'm sad that she died.

Please pray. This is big, and its effects could reach far, into your life, into my life, into the lives of our children. Really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think back to my days on the Ark in Amsterdam at times...this is one of those times. Our leader,Bill,and his wife): oh dear,well who gave birth to their first child on board this barge/boat where 40 of us approximately lived and worked,had Bible studies,worship,meals,laundry,a coffee bar outreach, a YWAM Sunday night service...Well,now Bill and Kathlene(?) were from Austalia. Maybe it was their accent,maybe because I was a new Christian...or maybe he really was : WISE VERY WISE at least in my eyes,Kathlene,too.
My point? Bill used to tell us to have our first time with God in the morning and pray with the Bible in one hand and the newspaper in the other.
It was this Christianity that pierced my heart. And I don't usually do that anymore, life has happened to me...is that an excuse for letting my first love grow cold? Yes; I believe it is. So you see,I heard the news,but I didn't know that she was a woman;or beautiful. Thank you. I will now Google her. And hopefully pray.

Michele B said...

I really liked the idea of praying with the newspaper open. I'll be trying that!

Anonymous said...

Hey Michele, I finally made it here!

Benazir Bhutto was one of the few world leaders I really respected, not always for her personal politics but her devotion and love for her country and her people. The world has lost a great woman, but I truly believe everything happens for a reason and maybe her mission on Earth was over. I believe God has more plans for her.