Saturday, December 8, 2007

Connecting the Dots

Something happened at my work recently and I just connected the dots yesterday. It wasn't a big thing (at least not from my perspective). But the Holy Spirit jogged my memory (the way my memory has been lately it HAD to be Him) and I realized it was something I'd prayed about many times over the last few years. And not in big desperate prayers, just in little "thought/prayer breaths." The lesson was that GOD ANSWERS PRAYER. He answers small prayers, big prayers, one-time prayers (though He prefers repeat prayers I think... see Luke 18:1-8), bold prayers, sissy prayers... prayers that climb on rocks! You get the picture and I date myself yet again.

He answers. Even prayers we forgot we prayed. HE doesn't forget. I don't know about you, but for me that is so comforting, I just want to climb back into my nice warm bed with my snugly dog and snugly husband... oh, that'd be the other way around... and bask in the warm glow of God's lovingkindness.

To quote Chuck Spurgeon, "Love knocks at (God's) door until He opens." And that door isn't locked and barred, as far as I can tell!

2 comments:

dixie said...

Yes...this dot connecting...isn't it wonderful to thoughtfully become aware of things while removed from the actual hustle and bustle of real time realizations that may have evoked quite different reactions...and I see this after-the fact dot connecting as a God thing in my life...I don't really know the specifics of yours,but they probably vary as do mine. How blessed to have God come on in here into our heads and see that "Oh,my little girl is a little sensitive right now, let's put a small cloud of forgetfulness around that happening or remark with a notation to clear when she is clear." My family gatherings were an emotional nightmare full of verbal minetraps that would normally shred me or be followed by some explosion...but with God,like every Christmas I'd get quiet and just thank Him for his presence with/in me when I'd look back on the day and aknowledge the barbs and hurts and realise I came through without being shredded or exploding,even more amazing I had the gift of love,acceptance and forgiveness by and for my family. Amazing Grace!-dixie

Michele B said...

God is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing that! How common it is for people to become engulfed by the holidays because of the potentional for "emotional nightmares" our family gatherings can be for some. I love how you've learned not so much to ignore the negatives, but to gracefully glide right through with the "Parakletos" beside you.