Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Rain

Let me say from the outset I know and totally believe that our God is sovereign. He does what He determines to do and is not some sort of heavenly bellhop waiting to fulfill our every whim.

That said, ever since I felt God calling me to start a blog about prayer, it’s almost seemed like He’s answering even my silly little prayers. Maybe to make a point. I mean, I know He always answers prayer, though maybe not as we expect. But this has really been like when I was a little kid and didn’t know any better than to pray for silly impossible things.

Okay, let me get to the point. (And this is just ONE example.)

On the way to church Sunday morning (just two days ago!), my husband voiced a quick prayer for rain, claiming that we really need it. He bemoaned the fact that there was NO RAIN in the forecast except for a small possibility by the very end of the 10-day forecast on the Weather Channel (www.weather.com). I agreed with him in prayer and added, “And Lord, let it even rain in the next day or two in the face of what the meteorologists have all predicted!” Right then we noticed the wind was out of the south, which my Dad taught me always portends rain.

We awoke this morning to the sound of rain. Less than 48 hours later. And it rained more than a little. I was wow-wowed.

THEN I worried about everyone whose day/crops/life/commute/wedding preparation/_________(fill in the blank) had been ruined by the rain. But would a child in wow-wow mode so worry? Hmmm?

4 comments:

Tess Whitehurst said...

Wooooooooo! I love these posts. And your picture is sooooo cute. Keep up the good work, and I mean GOOD.

dixie said...

Yes... Henrietta Roering,my Tante Jet told me that God is like a mother hen with outspread wings that the chicks can run under whenever they need anything...anything at all. And that the little prayers show such a sweet dependance that he delights in them so,just for that reason alone. I wanted to get an angel tree gift and the 17 year old needed a sweatshirt, well I had to go get one for my son at Penny's anyway and there was a deal for a second for a dollar more so when my husband had said how he didn't think we could afford it after I took the thing and so prayed that extra good dependable ancient prayer(help!)Well God already knew I was going to Penny's and that there was a sale there and that I would pick that boy off of the tree...so boy did the help come quickly. My husband was happy too.

Michele B said...

Hooray for that! And for Angel Tree. Thanks, God. Every detail is in Your hand!

Michele B said...

Hey, my Bunny, thanks so much for the encouragement!